Monday, February 23, 2015

Lauren Ipsum: A Story About Computer Science and Other Improbable Things

Good Afternoon,


I wanted to write up a review on this fabulous book Karlye and I have been reading.  Just last night, Karlye mentioned that this book should be a movie.  Now that is a true compliment from her.

Lauren is the main character, who is travelling through "Userland", trying to find her way back home. Every chapter, and every place she finds herself in has characters that provide Lauren with puzzles.  In order to progress, she has to solve them.  The problems are all computer science based, but they are put in such language, that one really does not realize that they are learning all about computer science!

My daughter and I talk about the puzzles after we have read the chapter.  We both have a variation of how we interpreted the facts. Amazing Mom and Daughter time!

This book leaves you with a smile on your face, and new ideas how to problem; computer science problems.  Something that will come in handy for my daughter as she progresses along through her educational path.

Lauren Ipsum A Story About Computer Science and Other Improbable Things can be found in a couple of places.


This is one amazing book, and I am looking forward to reading more books like these with both my girls!  Learning and having fun.

Happy Reading!
Hugs,
Tanya