Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pixie Cottage Challenge #91


Good Morning,

Welcome to this weeks Pixie Cottage Challenge #91. This weeks theme challenge is  "Dark and Spooky".  Of course if you need some help getting started, there is a sketch to help you out as well.
I opted for the theme only this week. I am not sure if I like this card or not. It is growing on me though. What I do like about it is the feeling I got making it. I was inspired by a card in the Sept/Oct/Nov 2011 Take Ten magazine (page 102). The technique was all about dragging your distress inks across the paper for a splash of colour, and to add texture with them by stamping over templates. I started with the distress inks, and continued to stamp my Spooky Tree Background Pixie Cottage Stamp over top of the slash of color. I colored the clouds grey, then added my Vampire guy and fence, stamping some bats around the spooky moon.  Oh and I can't forget the addition of my acrylic/seethrough bling ghost!

Have a wonderful week ladies, I can't wait to see what you create.
Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Sentimental Sundays: Anything Goes
2 Sisters: Halloween
Speedy The Cats Friend: No Design Paper