Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge






















Good Morning,

Are you ready for this weeks Pixie Cottage Challenge #88!  We have a super cool sketch for you, and our theme is a recipe of sorts. The recipe being  - BUTTONS, BOWS and BRADS. 

I used the NEW Pixie Cottage "Best Hugs" stamp from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, to create this cuddly card. Not only did I follow the sketch, but I incorporated the theme as well. I have brads in the centers of the flowers, the bumble bee on the twine is a button, and of course my bow is a twine bow. I can feel the love just by looking at them, can't you?

On the technical side of things I used Copics B00, E17, E18 and E19.  I started by adding the blue background, then took my cloth and blender solution and removed some of the color.   I  proceeded to take my blender pen and  go about  the image in a dabbing motion to create even  more of a speckled look. I then  went and colored the bears.  I wanted them to be fuzzy,  so I textured them with different zig zag types of strokes using all three colors. I like how their fur turned out, a first try for me using this technique.

What will you create for this weeks challenge?   Don't be shy, no need to use Pixie Cottage stamps if you do not have them, you simply have to follow the sketch and/or the theme, and you could be chosen to win some of your very own Pixie Cottage stamps.

Don't forget The Pixie Cottage has a Design Team call up.  It closes October 1st, 2011.  Read all about it HERE!

Happy Krafting ladies,
Hugs
Tanya
Challenges this qualifies for are:
Mad For Markers Monthly Challenge: Use your blender to create pattern or effect
Papertake Weekly: Creature Comforts
Anything Goes: Anything Goes
Paper Pretties: Buttons (my little bee is a button)