Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pixie Cottage Challenge #84




Good Morning,

Challenge# 84 over at The Pixie Cottage this week has us using a pretty intense sketch, and the theme is "Summer Nights".  I have used the Pleasant Porch Pixie Cottage background stamp, and the ever so pretty Sitting Summer Willow stamp for my creation this week.  Both stamps are available for purchase at  Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.

In attempts to make the scene look like it was a Summer's Night, I stayed with my Copic Blue tones. To subdue the red cherries on Willow's hat, and the yellow flowers on the porch swing, I went over them with my C4 Copic.  It really muted the colors, but that is what I was going for.  To make Willow's skin appear a bit darker, out came my C2, along with my E31, blending them with the E02 Copic.  It was fun to play around with this theme as my cards are usually done up to look like there is a source of sunlight shining upon them.

Well I guess I will keep is short and sweet today. But I do have to say I am looking forward to seeing what your take on the theme will look like.

Happy Krafting,
Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
My Time To Craft: Here Comes The Girls
Tuesday Throwdown: Dimensions and Textures
One Stitch at a Time: Bling it up (pearls and rhinestones)