Friday, August 12, 2011

PaperWorks Co. Recipe Friday Challenge



Materials Used
Stamps: PWCO Zoe The Gymnast- Sports Series II
Paper: Stampin Up
V09 V15 V17 B26 E00 E01 E02 E33 E34 E97 E99 Y11 Y21 RV06

Good Morning,

TGIF!  Today the PWCO Recipe Friday #10 is a photo-inspiration challenge. My take involves using the pink, yellow, purple and orange from the photograph above.  I took it another step further and used design paper, the lines within the paper, and some well thought out paper cutting to try to reproduce the lines.  Did I succeed ladies?

My youngest daughter turned 5 on Tuesday. How bittersweet!  "Mommy I miss being 4" she says, and I can empathize with her because she is growing up way to fast.  Where I am going with this story is that I made this card specifically for her. She has recently taken up gymnastics, thus the PWCO Zoe the Gymnast stamp was chosen, as was the color purple because that is Miss Jayme's favorite color.  The yellow hair was again chosen to depict my daughter.  And I succeeded at making her happy because she smiled and said "That's me Mommy!"  And that made my day I tell ya.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies, I hope you decide to give this challenge a go.  Be sure to use a PWCO image, or your entry will not be valid.  Good Luck.

Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Craft Your Days Away: Birthday
Speedy the Cat's Friend: Anything but a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card 
Anything Goes: Birthday / Celebration 
Top Tip Tuesday: Straight Edges
Tuesday Throwdown:  Birthday 
A Spoon Full of Sugar: Birthdays