Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pixie Cottage Challenge #75


Good Morning,

Welcome to another Once Upon a Wednesday . We find ourselves on Challenge #75 here at The Pixie Cottage, and we are working with an "Outdoor Fun" theme. Now that Summer is here, and the sunshine has decided to come out,  family fun days at the farm can commence!  We are fortunate to have a couple of farms very close by that allow us to feed the animals and interact with them. In fact, we spent our Father's Day at the Experimental Farm.

I recently received Down on The Farm,  a super fantastically fun Pixie Cottage stamp. I have been itching to ink it up, and I finally got the chance. I am not sure why I colored the rooster yellowish orange, because they are brown, red etc. but it works, and I think it balances out the sunflower. I tried my hand at yet another attempt to create an interesting sky in the background, and I popped the animals up a bit to add some dimension.  Not wanting to clutter the card, I used the same design paper to create texture on the left side of the card with a tree branch and leaf die.

Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, as well as Heather's Stamping Haven both carry this stamp should you want to add it to your collection.

Have fun with the challenge this week ladies!
Happy Krafting,
Hugs,
Tanya

P.S Michelle's Scrapbooking and More has now opened up a monthly  COPIC SKETCH CLUB.  It is really a fantastic little club for those of you who are starting your Copic Collection.  Be sure to check it out.

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Anything Goes Challenge: Here Comes Summer
My Sheri Crafts: Summer or Beach (living in Canada with young kiddos, visiting the farm is a regular summer activity)
Tip Top Tuesday: Cross it (I crossed the leaf die cuts around the image)
Sew Many Challenges: Punch it (branch dies)