Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #70




Good Morning,

Welcome to another Once Upon a Wednesday Pixie Cottage Challenge #70. This was such a fun sketch, and using the "Pink and Girlie" theme came naturally to me as I have 2 Girlie Girls at home who enjoy a healthy dose of pink from time to time.

What better Pixie Cottage Stamp to use than  Hannah on Stepping Stones.  She is just so Girlie don't you think? This stamp can be purchased at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, as well as Heather's Stamping Haven in Ottawa.

I decided to paper piece her dress after a failed attempt at coloring and matching up the pink tones, and I popped up the ruffles of her dress to add dimension.  I then added the background image.  I am experimenting with my Copics and Blender fluid lately, and I used a fabulous cloth to add the texture in the border around the rainbow.  I love how it worked and am excited to try it again, perhaps with sponges next time.

Happy Krafting ladies, enjoy this weeks challenge,
Hugs,
Tanya