Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Takes Challenge #14

Good Morning,

Can you believe we are already at the end of February?  This fine day we find ourselves being challenged at Tuesday Takes @ Sketches In Thyme with this fab Mojo Monday sketch.  I hope you all decide to play along as it is always nice to see fresh and inspiring takes you all share with us each week. Don't forget you are playing for this fab prize this month.



I rotated the sketch, and decided to try out something new.  I got out some of my lonely Gel-A-Tin stamp sets, and started creating.  I have wet embossed, inked, punched out and glued for this card, and had fun.  Of course it is really different than most of my cards, but different can be fun.  I like the "earthy" feel to it, and the fact that due to the style, things did not have to fit perfectly on the card. For example, I used alcohol inks to stain some of the kraft paper, then adhered the acrylic butterflies to it.  I normally dislike using acrylic shapes because the glue shows through.  But this time, the glue showing through works with the rest of the card.

Once again, curious where I got the kraft paper?  Check out my sidebar, I have a link to The Kraft Outlet, and they keep adding new stock! Speaking of which, The Kraft Journal's challenge this week is bling, so I am surely entering this one into that challenge. Not to mention Top Tip Tuesdays Bling it On challenge.

Have fun krafting!
Hugs,
Tanya