Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge#55


 Good Morning,

Welcome to another Once Upon a Wednesday, Pixie Cottage Challenge #55!
We have a wonderful sketch created by one of our own Pixies, for you to tackle and enjoy.  The theme this week is buttons.  How many will you use?  Will you go big, or stay small as I have?  I can not wait to see your creations.  Keep in mind, using The Pixie Cottage stamps makes us smile, but it is not a requirement, you can still join in the fun as long as you keep with the sketch and/or the theme.

I challenged myself this week.  I took some intidmidating paper, and tried to make a pretty card with it.  The colors on this paper are not ones that I would normally use.  But krafting outside our comfort zone is fun, and allows for growth.

My design paper, is none other than Indie Girl from Sasafras.  The oranges, blues and greens are very interesting, so I tried to match them up with my Copics.  Coloring in Springtime Hannah with Butterflies was enjoyable, and I think I was able to keep with the design paper hues.  Hannah is another Pixie Cottage Stamp, and she can be found at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.  A perfect spring stamp too!  In order to incorporate some of the blue tones, I took my Gel-a-tins stamps and stamped in some floral background blues.  I chose to accessorize my card with tiny blue matt buttons.  The left side was a bit too plain, so to balance the card out, I added a piece of hemp twine and tied a bow.

Enjoy your Wednesday ladies, and happy Krafting.

Hugs,
Tanya


Challenges this qualifies for are:
Totally Stampalicious: No Reason At All (plain ol' greeting card)
Stamptacular Sunday: Whateva
The Paper Players: Anything Goes
Crafty Catz: Flowers