Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #57


 Good Morning,

Once Upon a Wednesday over at The Pixie Cottage is now on it's 57 challenge.  This weeks theme is embossing, and the sketch  is a Pixie original.  You can choose to use the sketch, the theme, or you can challenge yourself and use both! 

I chose this wonderful Robin's  Nest stamp by ArTish.  It is one of the Pixie Cottage stamps available at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.

For my creation, I started with the paper, working the layers into the sketch provided. Deciding on ribbon tape in the center meant using distress ink to match it with the colors of the paper.  I then chose my stamp.  I took my prisma pencils and colored the image in, only to go over it with an embossing pen.  I quickly added the embossing powder, heated it up, and voila!  You can see in the picture that the leaves and the nest are shiny, thus the addition on the theme was incorporated.

I tried to let intuition work it's magic, and I am always surprised with the outcome.  I managed to create something different this week, and while doing so, I actually used several things in my stash that have been sitting there, gathering dust. 

Happy Krafting ladies,  I am looking forward to seeing your take on this challenge.

Hugs
Tanya

P.S.  If you are curious as to where I got my tags, and my craft paper, why not head over to The Kraft Outlet, they have a variety of Kraft items for you to drool over.  LOL.



Challenges this qualifies for are:
The Kraft Journal:  Hip to be Square
Simon Says Stamp and Show:  stamp and show a tag
CCEE Stampers: Embossing