Saturday, February 19, 2011

Folded Envelope Tutorial for The Pixie Cottage

Folded Envelope Gift Card Holder Tutorial

Did you know that every Saturday, The Pixie Cottage  posts a tutorial for all of you to enjoy.  I for one LOVE learning new things.  Today is my turn to create the Saturday tutorial.  I have been working on something that I hope you will all enjoy trying out.  I am going to show you how to take an envelope and turn it into your very own Gift Card Holder.

The required materials are;
  1. One  Medium Envelope- 5 3/4" x 4 3/8"
  2. Scor Pal (you can eyeball this as well and fold by hand)
  3. Bone folder (optional as well, you can use your fingernail)
  4. One Gift Card of your choice
  5. Double Sided Sticky tape, paper and embellishments

Take your envelope and score it  at 1 1/2". 


Turn the envelope over, fold the scored edge, and run your bone folder over the fold to make it permanent.


Fold the other side of the envelope so that the edge meets up approximately in the center with the other edge.


Your envelope should now look like this. And you can now proceed to put your gift card in the center of it.


Fold the envelope together and bring the top flap down. I chose to round the edges with a punch, any artistic freedom is totally up to you now.


I decided to seal mine using a punched out and embossed scalloped circle. The stamp is  The Pixie Cottage Love sentiment stamp. (This is where I used my double sided sticky tape.  It sealed my gift card holder, and made it secure.)


Last but not least, embellishing the front.  Again, this is where artistic freedom comes in to play.  This fantastic  background paper is none other than Donna Salazar's Crafty Chronicle paper, and it was purchased from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. It is a re-usable newsletter, full of nifty information.  Once it has been read, you can use it to craft with because it is "Acid-Free"!

Now ladies, this tutorial can be altered to suit any envelope.  All you have to do is make sure that when you are folding your envelope, the edges meet in the center.  Oh the possibilities! So be sure to play, have fun, and get creative! If you try this out, please leave me a link to your blog, I would love to see what you do with it.

Happy Krafting!
Hugs,
Tanya