Saturday, January 22, 2011

PinWheel Tutorial for Sketches In Thyme

It is time for Sketches In Thyme:  Sassy Saturday  Tutorial. This week I have been the chosen one, and I am going to show you how to make a cute PinWheel embellishment for a card or layout.


The materials you will be needing are as follows:
2" squares using double sided pattern paper
hole punch (I used my crop-a-dile)
scissors
a brad to fasten the pinwheel



Step one- Fold your 2" square diagonally so that the ends meet, open it up and do the same in the other direction. You should now see an x on your paper.

Step two- Punch a hole in the center of your 2" square paper. It is now easy to find as it is exactly where the x meets in the center of your previously folded paper.


Step three: Cut each corner to about 1/4 inch of the center. Again, easy enough because all you have to do is cut along the folded lines and stop about 1/4 inch from the middle.


Step four: You now have four sections.  Punch a hole on the right side of each section. Do the same until all four right hand corners of each section have been punched.


Step five: Fold the edge with the hole in it to the center, and line the holes up. Repeat until all the corners are folded. Then secure it with your brad of choice.


This is what I call a "Back to Basic" tutorial. These are something I am sure we all made in grade school, but somehow forgot along the way. We now get to incorporate our youth into today's projects! Here is how I incorporated my PinWheel into an embellishment onto my card. Note: I decided to switch up the brad, as I wanted something a bit bolder.


Happy Krafting!
Hugs
Tanya

P.S. Be sure to visit Sketches In Thyme  every Saturday for a fun tutorial by one of the Mavens.  You will also find the Tuesday Takes Card Challenges, and the Sketches In Thyme Layout sketch Challenges on this blog.  You have to be in it to win it, and everyone who participates has a chance.  Good Luck!