Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #47


Good Morning,

It's time for another Once Upon A Wednesday Pixie Cottage Challenge. This week we have a super sketch for you to try and the theme is Sparkle and Shine! As always you can use the sketch and/or the theme, it is left up to you.  Please note:  You do not have to use a Pixie Cottage stamp to enter, but it is always very nice to see you use them, it actually brings a smile to my face when you do!

You will probably notice that I used this delicious paper in previous posts, but I just love the earthiness of it.  This wonderful new Winter Mailbox Pixie Cottage stamp is a perfect match. You can find it and other Winter stamps at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.

I chose to use Sparkly glitter paper to mount the layers of my card.  A little sparkle and shine can go a long way!  The image was colored with my copics, and then I embossed it with enameled embossing powder to make it look like it was snowing. This ended up adding a bit of shine too.  I wanted this card to be a bit rustic, and thus left the barcode on the paper instead of cutting it out.  I mention this because my husbands first question was "Is that suppose to be showing?".  I like doing little odd things like that, I find it adds character to my creations.

I look forward to seeing your creations this week ladies,
Happy Krafing,
Hugs,
Tanya

Crafty Pad: Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge: F is for Foliage
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Sparkly Christmas
The Kraft Journal: Holiday Card etc. using Kraft paper