Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Take #2 with Sketches In Thyme Cards



Welcome to the second Tuesday Take with Sketches In Thyme Cards! This week we are using this darling sketch by Cardabilities.  In our challenges, we have a weekly winner and top 3 (the top 3 ladies will get a blinkie to display on their blogs). With every challenge, the participants receive an entry for the monthly prize. So if you play all four weeks, you get your name entered in four times.


Delicious Doodles is this months Tuesday Take sponsor. The monthly winner will get a choice of 3 digital images.

For this weeks challenge, I chose to work with the Mother Mary digital stamp.  The image itself is beautiful, so I wanted to be sure to create a card that made your eyes focus on it.  I found this piece of cardboard at work and tore it apart to reveal the corrugated interior.  I then placed it through my Sizzix machine with a die, to give it the flourished edges.  Deciding to use earth tones, as I felt them appropriate for the image,  I printed the image out on textured creme cardstock.   I liked the way the texture of the cardstock made the image soft looking and thus left it uncolored.  The only thing left to do was to add my embellishments, and using matching papers, I took out my spellbinders and created the hearts.

I really hope to see you particitpate this week.  The prize is yummy, and this fantabulous sketch really has potential for some outstanding work by you ladies.

Happy Krafting ladies,
Hugs,
Tanya

Challenges this qualifies for are:
Delightful Challenges: Flower Power
Paper Sundaes: Adorn Those Corners 
Allsorts Challenge Blog : Monochrome
Crazy 4 Challenges: Script Paper