Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sketches In Thyme Challenge #22




Good Morning,

This weeks Sketches In Thyme Challenge#22  has us using a wonderful sketch created by our very own Maven Diana. I really had fun with this one too.

For the past 2 years, my girls have been dancing in recitals.  I was leery at first about the makeup and not wanting to become a pageant Mom.  But I have to say, they know that the makeup is for the recital day only, or for dress-up.  They have a blast getting ready, and I am absolutely shocked that they go on stage and actually perform!  I would be terrified to do that.  Seeing their happy faces reminds me why I sit in the small parent lobby every Saturday morning while they dance.

I added the yellow frame and matted the photos with a tad bit of yellow because in the photo, my yellow tulips show quite nicely.  I took one 4x6 photo and cut it into 3 to make the trio of images, and to have your eye focus in on my Jimmer Jam!  She certainly loves getting into character.  In fact I am washing a shirt as I write this because it has a squirrel on it, and she wants to go to school as a squirrel tomorrow.

Have a great day, and I really hope you try Diana's sketch this week.  If you do, you will be entered into the draw for the Michaels coupon.

Happy Krafting,
Hugs,
Tanya

P.S.  I apologize for the snapshot of this layout, it has been overcast, so the creme 12x12 cardstock this is created on looks half white and half creme.  I have yet to master the art of taking a photo of a completed layout!