Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sketches In Thyme Challenge #18


Good Morning,

Can you believe we are already on Challenge #18 over at Sketches In Thyme! This week we have a sketch by our Maven Diana. Way to go Diana, this sketch was a pleasure to use.

I had a hard time getting this one in place. I cut out the center of the design paper as I wanted to use the coordinating flower paper on the back for the circles, being sure to not waste one piece of this delicious Sassafras Indie Girl paper. I then had to play around with the positioning of the photos. I finally got it together, and finishing it off was a snap. I just love these clear buttons, they add dimension, but show the paper underneath. I hand sewed all the buttons onto the paper, put the flowers in place, and then added some acrylic hearts to balance off the shine.

Of course it rained all day, and trying to get a good photo proved the most challenging. I find it really hard to get a good photo of my layouts, and this one looks much better in person than the photo. I am proud to put another page in Karlye's book. These two photo's definitely capture her sparkle. She loves to dress up and wear pretty shoes that make tap sounds. If you notice in her hand the little book, it is a Schleich catalog, it depicts all sorts of resin toys, and she just loves these catalogs, and has even been known to sleep with them.

Hope you see your creations in this weeks challenge!

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya

For the Month of October, if you play with us at Sketches In Thyme, you will automatically be enterred into the draw. We have 2 wonderful prize for this month...
A $15.00 Gift Certificate and
A $10.00 Gift Certificate
From our fabulous sponsor Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.