Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sketches In Thyme Challenge




Sketches in Thyme searches the internet for fabulous sketches, and this weeks challenge is a sketch found on Sketches by Scrapiopath's blog. I really like this idea, finding wonderful sketches, and bringing them back into the spotlight.

Here is my take on the sketch for this weeks challenge. I bought this paper so long ago specifically for these photos. Karlye was 21 months old and she was enjoying some cherries up at the cottage. She is such a good eater, and various fruits have always brought about joy, and messy faces.

I found this poem on the internet,the artist is unknown. I thought it cute for this layout, especially since I found it on a Poem Site for Children.

The poem reads:

The Cherry Tree

Once I found a cherry stone,
I put it in the ground.
And when I came to look at it,
A tiny shoot I found.
The shoot grew up and up each day,
And soon became a tree.
I picked the rosy cherries then,
And ate them with me tea.

A cute poem for such a cute and messy little girl. Sigh, she sure has grown up way too fast.

Thanks for the incentive Kim, another page done for Karlye's album. I hope you all try this one out, and be sure to post your pages for this weeks Sketches in Thyme Challenge.

Hugs
Tanya