Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #24




This weeks Pixie Cottage Challenge is a sketch provided by our Guest Designer Jay Jay, and the theme is Inside Out. I needed to make a graduation card for my sister, so my card creation is for her. Happy Graduation Allyson! She is moving on to Grade 9.

The first thing that came to mind when I read the theme was "Gate Fold", so the concept came first. I tend to leave the inside of my cards blank, as I like to write personal messages in them, but I wanted to use our guest designers sketch, so I used it to create an inner message for my sister. I left a bit of space to personalize it on the bottom.

I wish I could have taken a better picture, as the Graduation Monkey, a digital stamp by ArTish found at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, looks washed out. In real life he is quite vibrant. In my previous post, you can see the graduation cap gift box I made in matching colors.

The smile on my sisters face when I gave her the card and gift box made me happy, and that is why I craft. I can't wait to see what you do with this weeks sketch and/or theme.

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya