Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #23


Good Morning,

What a fabulous day for The Pixie Cottage Challenge #23. Once again, it is a sketch and/or theme challenge. The theme this week is "Make mine Patriotic", and the fabulous sketch is provided to you by our own DT member Pam! I have to say this is the very first time I have made a Canada Day card. I was born and raised in Canada, thus the red and white color scheme like our flag.

I was cleaning up my desk and came across a fabric Maple Leaf, well that was enough to inspire me. I took out my red and white paper, and then traced the leaf on the dp. The stamped images on the white cardstock behind the leaf are supposed to represent the fireworks that go off on July 1, Canada Day. I used Whispering Maisy and Matt as my image, I can just see them sitting together enjoy the festivities of such and exciting day, can't you? This wonderful stamp is a Pixie Cottage stamp and it can be found at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More.

I am just so excited to see what colors represent your Countries, and what colorful and creative projects you come up with.

Have a fabulous Wednesday ladies,

Hugs
Tanya