Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day Cards

Here are the cards my girls made for their Daddy. They LOVE the Star Wars movies, and they play Star Wars Lego on the Wii all the time with Daddy. So when my friend Sheena showed me her stamps, I had to stamp them and give them to my girls to color.

All good ideas come with expectations, and they both can color rather well. So I handed them the pictures and left to do some house cleaning. When I returned, this is what I saw. I was initially a bit upset because I "wanted" them to do a good job and concentrate on making the images pretty. Well, after hearing their explanations, I felt bad because the images were colored based on a story in their little heads.

Karlye's card on the left has Princess Leia in full kaleidoscope makeup gear, as she wanted her to be pretty for Daddy. Jayme's card on the left shows Princess Leia with blood on her face because she was in a space fight, and the Princess on the right was protecting the princess on the left.

They can be so inventive, and that is what crafting is all about. So the next time I hand them things to color, I am going to leave my expectations out of it. They were just so happy putting it together, and both chose the papers and put the glue on and placed the papers. Daddy was just so happy, and again, that is what crafting is all about.

Happy Saturday,
Tanya