Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Sugar Bowl has gone Shabby Chic!























I've got my fingers in the Sugar Bowl again ladies. This weeks Sugar Bowl Challenge #30 is a wonderful sketch courtesy of Kathy. They have also asked us to use the "Shabby Chic" theme on our creations.

I started out by cutting my design paper into the appropriate shapes. I then crumpled each piece of paper up, added my uneven stitching, and distressed the edges. For the first time ever, I stamped my Sugar Nellie stamp on ivory paper and colored her in. I then stitched around her and cut her out, being sure to distress the edges just a bit. I think Shabby Chic is all about picking out a variety of things you love and putting it together to form something pretty. Even if it is all wrinkled and such. Thus I took out my embellishments, and did just that.

Hope you like her, I can't wait to see what others come up with. I will have to take the time out tomorrow to look through all the entries.

Hugs
Tanya