Monday, March 1, 2010

Practical Scrappers Chalks/Inks Challenge





















It's that time again! Practical Scrappers Challenge this week is all about using Chalks/Inks on your projects! Now I know all of you can come up with something using these mediums. I hope to see each one of you posting something. The grand prize winner will be getting 2 digital stamps of their choice from Stamping Boutique!

I tried something new again this week ladies. I took out my VersaMark Watermark Inkpad and stamped my images on white cardstock. I then proceeded to dust of my chalks that I have hoarded but not used, and applied them onto the VersaMark image with a cotton swab. The thing I like about this technique is that you can apply a variety of colors and they all seem to layer on top of each other. Even the popped up butterfly was done with VersaMark and chalk.

When I was done with the application, I took a paper towel and wiped the excess chalk off. No need to worry about smudges, those come off with an eraser. I then added some chalk around the edges and stamped my sentiment in the middle. Embellishing the card and piecing it all together, arriving at the image above. This is definitely something I will try again.

Thanks for taking the time to look this week,

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Tanya