Saturday, February 6, 2010

Practical Scrappers Sketch Friday





















I hope you are all having a great start to your weekend. Dance class is done, and the only thing I have to do is get my supplies ready for tomorrow. I am having a couple of Karlye's friends over to make Valentine's presents. This time I am making sure to have an even number of kids, I don't know what it is about odd number, but someone always gets left out.

The above 12x12 layout was done using Ann-Katrin's Sketch, found here. Every Friday Practical Scrappers provides you with a sketch, and then you get to interpret it. I would love to see what you do with this weeks sketch. It is a fun one!

I kept mine simple. I added some darker swirls to the paper to bring your focus into the pictures themselves. I then used clear stickers to define what I think being a sister is all about, and propped them up on the stars. I used lace up brads to create the lines under the images, and then added the floss, tying it off with a bow. A dainty embellishment that does not take away from your focal point.

One can only hope that the two of them become friends when they are older, It would be nice to think of the two of them having each other during times of happiness, and during times of woe.

Happy Saturday,
Thank you for the wonderful sketch this week Ann-Katrin!
Hugs
Tanya