Monday, February 1, 2010

Better late than Never!
































Last week's challenge over at The Pixie Cottage was a sketch provided by Renata. What struck me about this sketch was it's simplicity, it really made us use our own creativity to come up with something unique. I pondered the sketch, and then came across this fabulous corrugated paper at work (yes I am a pack rat). Then life happened, and I missed the opportunity to sit down and create. I finally got the chance last night, and the above is the final result. Better late than never!

This image is dear to me, as it reminds me of my Oma. I was sent to visit her every summer, and during these visits she would tell me stories and draw me pictures to go along with them. Most often they had to do with Fairies, and she would draw these fabulous fairy houses made out of mushrooms and tree trunks. Similar to the above stamp. I have to thank my Oma for my passion to create and the ability to enjoy pretty things. If only I had the talent she has!

I got this image from Michelle's Scrapbooking and More, a wonderful store that has so many wonderful things, such as The Pixie Cottage Stamps. I urge you to visit her store, and hope you get inspired, as I often do.

The Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this week is all about hearts. This may not be your typical Valentine's card, but they do say "home is where the heart is" so I think this qualifies.

Have a good evening,
Hugs
Tanya

P.S. I tried to post this earlier and it got deleted, I hope this one works.