Sunday, January 24, 2010

Practical Scrappers Sketch Friday























Good Morning,

Have you seen Ann-Katrin's sketch this week over at Practical Scrappers? I took out my papers, and when I saw the pattern this design paper, a light bulb went off. I trimmed it down into an 8x8 layout making sure to have the word "Jolie" be the focal point for my title. I then took out my eyelets and laced this pink elastic chord through them. The rest of the layout was all about choosing the appropriate cardstock color to mount this sepia picture on.

When my daughter was younger, she loved to sleep in the sling, and boy did it make it easier to cook dinners. I remember this day, my husband came home from work, Karlye was playing in the family room, and Jayme, well she was asleep as usual while I prepared dinner. Words can not describe the warm feeling I would get with her warm little head resting on my heart. I am lucky that she still loves to put her head on my heart and cuddle when watching TV, or reading stories. I still can not resist kissing the top of her head, and taking in her scent, even though she is now 3 1/2.

My layouts tend to have little writing on them, but what you don't see is the envelope attached to that back of it. I like to write my daughters a letter about why I chose the picture I did. I will continue to do this until I get a bit more brave and try my own handwriting.

Hope to see your take on this sketch,

Hugs
Tanya