Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Accomplishment























Hello Ladies,

A brief post to show you what I was up to last night. I sat down hoping to be creative, and decided to tackle this weeks Whiff of Joy Challenge #62. This week they are asking us to create a card using Jane Johnson's sketch. This is one of the first times I added my own take on a sketch.

Usually I reproduce it so that it is identical, but this time I used my embellishments to give a similar look to the sketch. I also altered Oakley, he is usually holding a Christmas ornament, but this time I made him hold a flower with some bling on it (keeping with Practical Scrappers bling challenge this week). The picture does not show it well, but I inked the edges of the black chipboard with orange ink.

I am going to save this one for my hubby, send it to work with him on a day that I need to apologize for something. Yes, we have an amazing marriage, but I to have been known to be cranky. LOL!

In closing I want to be sure to send you over to Frosted Designs, they asked us to use eyelets on our card, and I have to say, a long time ago when they first came out I bought TONS of them. I really have to start using them now, so hats off to you ladies for asking me to do just that.

What embellishment do you have laying about that you need to start using?

Happy Saturday,
Hugs
Tanya